Tubing the Yampa River in Steamboat Springs

Steamboat Springs Realtor
Well, I managed to enjoy another Saturday tubing the Yampa River.  This is a must-do activity if you are in Steamboat Springs during the summer months.  You can enjoy a quick trip or you can enjoy the whole day.  There are lots of places that you can stop and take a break or get a bite to eat in the local restaurants in downtown Steamboat.  We packed some snacks on this day so that we would not have to leave the river.



We enjoyed a great family day.  The Yampa River is the only free-flowing river in the state.  It's 261 miles without any dams.  Most of it flows through wide canyons.  But remember, tubing is not 100% safe, so be sure to use good safety practices.

If you have never gone tubing, the safest way to enjoy it is using one of the local tubing outfitters.  They have everything you need to enjoy your tubing experience.


If you decide to go it on your own, remember to check the river flow to make sure it's safe.  I always bring my water shoes because we stop at various points and walk around on the rocks.  And life jackets are always a good choice, especially for children.


There are great little areas that the children can enjoy playing.  This Saturday, my husband and I took our daughter, Taylor and one of her friends tubing.  They had a great time.  We want to enjoy every minute of our summer.  It really gets busy around my house once Taylor starts school and the days start getting shorter.



Not to get too sentimental, but she will be starting fourth grade this year....I can't believe how fast time is going by.  She will be all grown up before I know it.  I am so thankful for days like this where we can enjoy being a family and just have a good time together.


By the way, if you can't see my cap...it's my "Bama" cap.  Roll Tide!  (You can't get ready for football season too soon.)

I hope you are enjoying your summer.  And if you are looking for any real estate in Steamboat Springs, Give Me A Call, Y'all!


I would love to be your Keller Williams Realtor.

(970) 846-8619           JoanConnelly@kw.com




Joan Connelly - Your "Southern-Style" Steamboat REALTOR® at Keller Williams Realty

Popular Posts

More Ways to Share My Blog