Why I love Steamboat Springs and You Should Too!

I moved from a small town in Alabama to the city of Steamboat Springs.  I was more than a little nervous about moving so far from home.  Growing up in a small town makes you appreciate how close a community can be.  I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Steamboat Springs with a population of around 13,000 people has the draw of a big city with the feel of a small town.

Color Run in Steamboat Springs






Small Town Charm

The people in Routt County are friendly.  When you go to the grocery store, leave enough time to catch up with friends that you see.  I love this about Steamboat.  After just a short time living here, I felt right at home.

Where else can you paint a horse?
It's a great place to raise children because Steamboat Springs truly has that "it takes a village" mentality.   The school system is excellent.  There is a great library that puts on lots of events for the children. The summers are full of activities to help parents keep them active and busy.

Steamboat Springs is also a pet friendly community.  If you enjoy your pets as much as I do, this is important to you too.  We have leash-laws but lots of great trails to walk your dog.  There is an off-leash dog park too.

Big City Convenience

The downside of living in a small town is that sometimes there is not much going on.  Growing up, I had to drive about an hour to the city for most social activities. There is always something to do here.  You can enjoy great skiing, biking, hiking, tubing, night time events, restaurants, shopping, and the lists goes on and on.

It is almost impossible to get bored in Steamboat Springs.  Just sitting on your balcony and looking at the breathtaking views is an uplifting event in itself.  I sometimes am amazed at how beautiful Steamboat Springs actually looks especially right after it has snowed.

My family enjoys Halloween
We have so many great events that bring the community together.  In June, July, and August, we have a great Rodeo for several weekends that the adults and children enjoy.  This rodeo was named the "Small Town Outdoor Rodeo of the Year" by the ProRodeo Cowboy Association in 2002.  


One of my favorite events is the Halloween Stroll put on by the merchants in downtown Steamboat Springs.  The city comes together for a big Halloween party in town where all the children and adults can come in costume to visit and get some "treats".  

I love Steamboat Springs.  The people are friendly.  The city has a small town charm. And there is always something fun going on here.

If you are interested in buying or selling a home, give me a call (970) 846-8619. I'd love to show you around my hometown, Steamboat Springs.

joanconnelly@kw.com

Begin your real estate search here

by Joan Connelly ~ Your "Southern Style" Steamboat Springs Realtor/Broker

Joan Connelly - Your "Southern-Style" Steamboat REALTOR® at Keller Williams Realty

Popular Posts

More Ways to Share My Blog