4 Characteristics of Successful People


1. Successful people believe in their goals and themselves.

Notice that there are two important parts to this first characteristic.   First, they believe that their goals are do-able even if others are telling them that they are crazy.  Second, they believe that THEY can accomplish those goals.   This is important.  Not only do they believe in what they are doing, they believe that THEY are the person to do it.




2. Successful people LOVE what they are doing.

They put the time and work into accomplishing their goals. Successful people work long hours.  They don't get every holiday off.  They know that goals require dedication.  And they enjoy this work.  You can NOT become successful at something you don't love.


3. Successful people ARE afraid to fail, but go after what they want anyway.

I don't know anyone that doesn't fear failure.   But successful people don't let that fear stop them.  They roll up their sleeves and give it a try anyway, but NOT without putting pen to paper first.  I was once told by a person that I consider very successful that if it doesn't work on paper, it won't work.  Successful people take risks, but they are calculated risks.


4. Successful people never ever give up.

Even when they fail, they don't quit.  My favorite quote is one by Michael Jordan.

 "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

He succeeded because he never gave up.  Successful people learn from their mistakes and are better prepared the next time around.

Whatever you choose to do in life, you can succeed if you love what you are doing, work hard, defeat fear, and never give up.

Joan Connelly is a realtor at Keller Williams in Steamboat Springs.  Let her help you find your next home.

For more information on listing or buying a property in Steamboat contact Joan at Keller Williams Steamboat Realty.  Go to STEAMBOAT BROKER'S WEBSITE to search listings.



Joan Connelly - Your "Southern-Style" Steamboat REALTOR® at Keller Williams Realty

Popular Posts

More Ways to Share My Blog